Wednesday 15 May 2013

And you thought this would be a craft blog why?

And you thought this would be a craft blog why?  LOL.   Of course, it is first and foremost a craft blog, with a little bit of everything else thrown in.

I am laying here, leg elevated after Vascular ablation, Hematoma on back of leg killing me.  So leg elevated, massaging affected area in much pain, wondering why, with all my good intentions, I havent kept this blog up to date.

Once again, I am left wondering how to bring people to my blog, and encourage them to stay for a second look,  I am sure if I had more visitors I would in fact make more of an effort, and feel less like talking to myself.  So do I Beg, Steal, Borrow or Bribe visitors.  Bribe, well let me start there,  Cake? Chocolate?
Oooh blog candy.....whatabout a giveaway?   Interested?   Pop back  soon to see what I have collaborated, to give away free to one lucky visitor.

In the meantime, I leave you with a quick little recipe to satisfy a sweet tooth, children or the Dog . I leave it to you.

This is a well known, anyone can do cupcake recipe, with a secret weapon to ensure they really are the best ever.

Vanilla Cupcakes.

200 grms soft butter
200 grms caster sugar
4 medium eggs
200 grms self raising flour
1 vanilla pod or teaspoon of vanilla extract.
2 x 12 muffin tins lined with paper cases.
Piping bag with large plain nozzle (10)

Sugar syrup:- 75 grms sugar, 5 tablespoons water, place in saucepan bring to boil, then lower to simmer until sugar is dissolved.  Allow to cool then add either 1/2 seeds from one vanilla pod or teaspoon of vanilla extract.

I am a great lover of the quick and easy, so you can of course if you prefer do the whole creaming of the sugar and butter method if you prefer, or if like me, you like the quick and easy option, the instructions are short and sweet.

Split the vanilla pod lengthways, remove seeds.
Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined.
Next Pipe the mixture into the cases (alternatively 2 teaspoons in each case)
bake for 18/20 minutes. or until golden brown and the sponge springs back to the touch

Allow to cool for 10 minutes prick the tops with a tooth pick, then brush the cakes over with the cooled vanilla syrup soaking each one.  Remove from tin when completely cooled.

For cream cheese topping,
200 grms full fat cream cheese at room temperature
100 grms of soft butter
600 grms Icing sugar.

Slowly mix together until light and fluffy.  Then pipe, dollop, or spread over the cupcakes.



These were made for a cake sale at my daughters school in aid of Great Ormond Street Hospital.



Enjoy!








1 comment:

  1. I will pass said recipie onto my baker, aka hubby and get him to whip me up a batch, they look and sound divine..... keep your feet up, you know where I am if you need any help or company... x

    ReplyDelete