Thursday 27 June 2013

And all of a sudden you are almost there.....

Approaching 40, I thought I needed to do something to change my life, procrastination is a B*****d. Here I am almost 50, thinking the same.    I didn't want to be like this at 40, and I didn't want to be like this at 50.   Am I happy?   Yes I am happy, I have a beautiful family, and some cracking friends.  But I am sad I haven't made the changes I have been promising to do for the past 10 years.  Yes 10 years, where the hell did they go.   Well, there is something I am sure of, and that is that I will not be worrying over it for the next 10 years, life is surely too short.   So as I approach another landmark birthday, I make a promise to myself not to keep putting off the small things I can do, which accumulate into a mountain over time.  And that I will make more time for myself, having spent the past 17 years putting the kids needs and wants before mine.   As they make their own way in the world, I must let them fly, empty nest syndrome? Who knows.  But know seems a good a time as any to find the me, that has been lost along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment